|You can see my mat and the tote I'm using.|
(1) Health - According to October 2013 Vogue magazine, persistent sitting increases the risk of diabetes and you are 49% more likely to die from other causes. It also improves your posture and decreases back pain.
(2) Weight loss - I'm not sure it's going to work for me but I've read an article where a woman who stood at her desk lost weight without changing her lifestyle in any way.
(3) Creativity - new studies have shown that exercise can boost your creativity. And while I think that standing doesn't seem like a great deal of exercise, it does force you to move around more. Every bit helps, right?
So, I've set up my desk. I'm using a tote for now until I know I want to make a permanent change.
Some tips I've read:
(1) Work in bare feet but make sure you have a comfy mat beneath them.
(2) Stand with your knees bent to take distribute the weight.
(3) Start slow. Don't try to work for eight hours standing up. Take sitting breaks.
I'm starting slow. For the first couple of weeks I will only work on my feet for up to two hours, and increase from there. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Have you worked standing up? Have you noticed any benefits? Have you been more creative?